The Board of Oil, Gas and Mining is accepting nominations for 2018 Environmental Excellence Awards now through Wednesday, February 28.
Previously known as Earth Day Awards, Environmental Excellence Awards recognize reclamation projects and innovations in environmental technology going above and beyond what is required by regulation. It is an opportunity for companies to demonstrate technical expertise, pride in their industry, and concern not only for the economics of their industry, but also for our environment.
Awards may be presented in each of three operation types:
- Oil and gas
- Minerals mining
- Coal mining
- Environmental improvement to an active mine site, exploration site or producing field.
- Outstanding results following applications of innovative environmental technology.
- Outstanding final reclamation or site restoration.
Criteria may include but are not limited to:
- Stabilization and grading
- Water quality improvement
- Wildlife habitat improvement
- Exceptional reclamation/restoration without obligation
- Outstanding results from implementing environmental technologies
For nomination forms and instructions, visit https://www.ogm.utah.gov/Callfornominationsletter.pdf. Submit nominations to email@example.com.